Thursday, April 17, 2014

The VA Loan Saga Continues

January 7th, 2014. This is the day I signed paperwork for my VA loan. They were going to drop my interest rate from 4.375% to 4.25%. Sounded good to me! I gave them the appropriate paperwork requested and off we went! First they demanded paperwork for a child support case that's now closed. I gave them proof that I no longer pay child support. That wasn't good enough. I was on the phone for 45 minutes to the child support agency only to find out they couldn't provide any paperwork because my child support case is CLOSED! Doh! They then demand my marriage certificate-being married thirteen years wasn't sufficient proof for them. Screw your driver's license and social security card! We need the actual certificate.

So, I jumped through their hoops and FINALLY received my paperwork to look over at the beginning of April. They upped the interest rate to 4.88%. They also didn't credit the $100 I spent towards the appraiser and decided to charge $150 for a free termite inspection. Oh no you don't! I sent an e-mail demanding they fix it. Yes, I sent an e-mail. They absolutely refuse to deal with me (the loan holder) on the phone and begrudgingly deal with me through e-mail. They prefer my mellow, I'm-going-with-the-flow husband over fuck-you-you're-not-getting-over-on-me-fix-this-shit-now me. Honestly, the hubby and I think they're scared of me.

They assure me (via e-mail, of course) that they will fix it. Great! So, we're set to close this thing yesterday. Tuesday they e-mail me the new paperwork and demand I have a document that I don't have (original copy, naturally) by the next day. <Insert groan>. I read over the paperwork and flip my lid. The new interest rate? 4.625%. I sent them an e-mail telling them I absolutely refuse to sign. Well, maybe it wasn't that nicely put, but you get the point. (There is a reason they are afraid of me.) They frantically call the hubby. He finally tells them to call me. I have yet to receive a phone call, but I did receive an e-mail a day later.

Allegedly, they will give me the rate (that we agreed on in January) that I want. Third time's the charm, right? So, we will close this thing (possibly) next Wednesday, assuming they don't try to pull anymore crap. So, here we go! Keep your fingers crossed for me because this loan would REALLY help with our (countless) debts, but what's the point of a refi if they don't beat your current interest rate and keep nickel and diming you?

All this typing is making me thirsty. I think I see a cold one in my immediate future. Don't stay thirsty, my friends. Go grab a cold one and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment