Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Today Marks The 7th Annual World Autism Awareness Day!

World Autism Awareness Day is April 2nd every year. I wore blue today, including a blue streak through my red hair and I'm lighting up my porch at night with a blue bulb!

I think it's really important for everyone to become more aware about Autism and Aspergers. My 9-year-old is an Aspie and was diagnosed a few years ago. He's very high-functioning and a great kid, but that doesn't stop the ignorant from not allowing their kids to play with him. I actually have a neighbor who refuses to let her kids ride their bikes in front of my house. Autism is not contagious! Sheesh! Let's end the ignorance for the Auties and Aspies of the world, shall we?

If you haven't done so already, go buy yourself a $4 (energy efficient) bulb and burn that baby at night! I love how my city is lighting it up! Let's celebrate this thing and embrace the differences of each other. It's what makes us special and unique. Spread the word that it's okay to be different! So, cheers to that! I'm holding up my (blue) can of beer. Let's do this damn thang!

2 comments:

  1. We light it up blue too! My ASD guy considers it a holiday, so Happy World Autism Awareness Day!

    ReplyDelete