Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It Costs How Much To Rent A Campground Space?!

$45 a night. This is just a simple campground-no hook-ups, no frills, probably no campfires. I do believe I can get a cheap hotel and hooker on Sierra Highway for that price. I said I believe, I don't actually KNOW! Quit staring at the computer screen like that!

The money charged for the campground sites go to the maintenance and upkeep of the campgrounds, forests, Ranger's salaries, etc., but it still hurts the pocketbook knowing I have to pay $180 for a four-day camping trip. That's before firewood (assuming we can have campfires), food, gas and most importantly, beer. Ah, but it must be done. Camping is a must for this family. We even plan two or three trips a year. I'm not saying we go on them, because after the first camping trip we've usually had enough roughing it for the year. But we do plan them. As a matter of fact, we have an RV camping trip planned with the in-laws for August. From the beautiful Antelope Valley, to Mammoth Lakes then on to Tahoe. This is either going to be really fun or a hellish nightmare. Regardless, I'll have material for my blog.

Anybody out there have any camping trips planned?

1 comment:

  1. I bet it's more here in NJ, I've never gone camping.. :-\

    ReplyDelete