Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Mailman Is A Crook

  Who would've thought my archenemy would be the mailman, or, to be PC, the mail carrier? Nah, fuck it, let's go with mailspawn. It never fails, regardless of who is delivering my mail, they always end up being weird, an asshole, or a combination of the two.
   Monday March 16th I put my .49 cent stamp on my 9x12 manila envelope, clearly having a blonde moment, as I know it requires TWO .49 cent stamps.

  Checking my mail, I see my envelope with "Two more stamps needed" scribbled in the upper corner. Wait, TWO more stamps needed? *headshake* Whatever. Gently peeling off my unused stamp, I affix it to a letter-size envelope (standard No. 10 Security envelope, if you please) and place it in the mail.
  I'll be damned if the mailspawn didn't place THAT envelope back into my mailbox with his chickenscratch writing stating "Stamp no good", having circled the date on the stamp. (I bought it on March 13th.) But if it was good enough on the 16th it should be good enough on the 17th. Well played, mailspawn, well played.

  I have an ace in my hand, a trick up my sleeve, a...oh, hell, I have a brand new Forever stamp. Now, let's see him try to put the envelope in my mailbox TODAY with some lame bullshitty excuse to cheat me out of my money. Oh, and I will be taking that .49 cent stamp back to the post office to recoup my money. It's about the principal now, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I hate the mailspawn. It is no wonder the post office loses money everyday. If they would just deliver the mail I might hate them less. There is a principl here. Goood luck getting your refund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a 9x12 is 69 cents unless its more than 1 ounce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? It doesn't even take two stamps, let alone three.

    ReplyDelete