Monday, March 24, 2014

What Happens When You Yell "BOOYA!" In A Public Bathroom?

Come on, people. Do you really think I'd actually yell "Booya!" in a public bathroom? Yes? Well then, I guess you DO know me.

The family and I went to a fundraising event Friday night at our local Jethawks Stadium and were lucky enough to meet the pilots and crew of the Navy's Blue Angels. Here are some highlights from the event:

Me: Hello there! What is that you're wearing?

Blue Angel Crew Member: My uniform, ma'am.

Me: What I mean is why is it a different color than the pilot's uniform?

Blue Angel Crew Member: Because I'm not a pilot, ma'am.

Obviously eloquence is not one of my strong points. We shared a good laugh and he explained his job duties.

My hubby accidentally kicked over a pilot's beer. It just so happened to be the pilot I may have accosted in the beer line earlier that night (don't ask.) Of COURSE I bought him a new one. I'm not an animal! Perhaps that's up for debate.

Here's another snippet of conversation between me and the semi-accosted pilot:

Me: So, where are the Blue Angels?

Blue Angel Pilot: They're under the tent, ma'am.

Me: You fit the planes under the tent?

Blue Angel Pilot: Oh! No ma'am. We couldn't fit them here, so it's just us Blue Angel pilots gathered under the tent.

After one or two (several) beers, I decided to conduct an experiment. This experiment was conducted in a series of three bathroom visits.

The first two visits consisted of me yelling at my purse. Nothing. Apparently when you go into a public stall and start yelling at your purse, nobody bats an eye. It must be a woman thing. But yell "Booya!" twice and the place clears out. Quickly.

I was in my stall. The first time I yelled "Booya!" the whole room fell silent, except for the scurrying of people rushing to get out, especially the lady in the stall next to me.

I gave one more "Booya!" shout-out for good measure and heard a soft,"Oh my!" before the woman rushed out (AFTER washing her hands, thank goodness.)

Side note: I was telling the hubby yesterday about today's blog topic. "That explains why everybody was rushing out of the restroom looking freaked out," he says. Yes, it certainly does.

Imagine my amusement yesterday having to hear "Booya!" being yelled by the hubby every thirty minutes or so throughout the house followed by hysterical laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment